Bradley International Airport to open new, $210 million transportation center as summer air travel increases; tips for smoother start to vacationsAs the summer travel season kicks off, Bradley International Airport will open new transportation center and offers tips for a smoother start to a vacation.
- Low-fare carrier Frontier Airlines said Wednesday it will add Dallas-Fort Worth in late May as a nonstop destination from Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks.
Breeze Airways, Avelo Airlines announce new nonstop routes at Connecticut airports, as fuel prices surgeBreeze Airways announced Tuesday it will add six of the eight new, nonstop destinations in June planned for Bradley International Airport.
Low-cost carrier Avelo Airlines offers four, new nonstop routes outside of Florida from Tweed-New HavenLow-cost Avelo Airlines announced Wednesday it is pushing ahead with an aggressive expansion at Tweed-New Haven Airport, adding four more nonstop routes this spring.
Even with U.S. border opening, international routes at Bradley International Airport still months away. Aer Lingus and Air Canada flights not expected to return until 2022.As the U.S. lifts pandemic-imposed restrictions on travel from Mexico, Canada and most of Europe, it is still likely to be months before international routes flown by Air Canada and Aer Lingus resume at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks.
Avelo Airlines makes first flight out of Tweed-New Haven Airport. Here’s what you can expect from the start-up airline.Wednesday’s maiden flight by start-up Avelo Airlines from Tweed-New Haven Airport ushered in a new era for the nearly century-old airport that has plans to raise its profile in the state’s air transportation network.
Latest Connecticut News
Most Read On Courant.com
National travel news
- Avelo Airlines is adding Sarasota as a sixth, nonstop destination to Florida from Tweed-New Haven Airport.
- Just as momentum builds for its expansion, Tweed-New Haven Airport confirmed Thursday that American Airlines has canceled its daily, nonstop service to Philadelphia from the airport.
- Avelo Airlines announced Thursday that it will launch nonstop flights to four Florida destinations in November from Tweed-New Haven Airport.
- Clay Lacy Aviation, a provider of services to privately-owned aircraft at Waterbury-Oxford Airport plans to add 100 jobs in a $20 million expansion.
Bradley International Airport increases wait times for COVID-19 results at its terminal testing locationBradley International Airport increases wait times for COVID-19 results at its terminal testing location.
Southwest Airlines announces suspension of three non-stop flights from Connecticut’s Bradley International; official calls for coronavirus testing option at the airportA dramatic decline in air travel forces major airlines to make cutbacks at two airports in Connecticut,
To combat surging COVID-19 cases elsewhere, Connecticut requiring quarantine for travelers from 31 statesBeginning Friday, travelers will be required to fill out a questionnaire as well. Refusing could lead to a $1,000 fine.
Bradley International Airport ramps up coronavirus safety measures anticipating increased air travel as state reopens economyBradley International Airport said Tuesday it is ramping up safety measures for air travel as it prepares for an anticipated increase in passenger traffic.
- The familiar arts organizations that help to draw 2.5 million visitors to the Berkshires’ green hills each summer have laid the groundwork for extending the cultural riches certainly into fall and more recently through winter and early spring. The dark months of winter are dark no more in the Berkshires, at least in the artistic sense.
Hartford Courant Store
Mystic Aquarium president and CEO ending tenure at one of Connecticut’s most popular tourist destinationsGov. Ned Lamont noted in a separate statement that the aquarium is one “of Connecticut’s largest cultural destinations, and its success over the last 16 years is no doubt due in large part to Steve’s leadership.”
Windsor developers break ground on 750,000-square-foot warehouse and $15 million roads projectGreat Pond Village, the massive multi-use project in Windsor planned for more than a decade, is advancing to the second stage as builders prepare to erect a 750,000-square-foot warehouse an a network of new roads and utilities.
- After losing House Speaker Joe Aresimowicz’s district after he retired in 2020, Berlin and Southington Democrats are looking to a well-known former town manager to get them back in power in November.
GAMES & TRIVIA
- We know bears come for the food and not our company and the problem seems to be growing as more Connecticut residents report issues with the large, clawed animals. Earlier this summer, a bear that broke into multiple homes in Canton was euthanized by DEEP.
Nation & World
- The CDC relaxed its COVID-19 guidelines, dropping the recommendation that Americans quarantine themselves if they come into close contact with an infected person.
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.