FootballJames White, who scored the game-winning touchdown in the New England Patriots’ historic comeback win over Atlanta in Super Bowl 51, announced his retirement on Thursday.
- Tom Brady was excused from training camp on Thursday, the first day of what Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Todd Bowles said was a planned, 11-day absence from the team to address “personal things.”
- NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Monday that Aaron Rodgers' use of ayahuasca wouldn’t have triggered a positive test result on either the substance abuse or performance-enhancing substance policies collectively bargained by the NFL and its players’ association.
- New York Jets offensive tackle Mekhi Becton left practice early Monday after appearing to injure his surgically repaired right knee.
- Dante Scarnecchia hasn’t watched any of the Patriots’ padded practices in person. But the offensive line guru has certainly read about all the difficulties the team, and his old O-line in particular, have had adjusting to the new outside zone running scheme, which is now being paired with a bootleg, play-action passing game.
Most Read Sports
UConn Men's Basketball
Dan Hurley, Bob Hurley Sr. to speak at Basketball Hall of Fame’s ‘Hoophall Hangouts’ FridayUConn men’s basketball head coach Dan Hurley will join his father, Bob Hurley Sr., at the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on Friday, Aug. 12 as part of the “Hoop Hall Hangout” series.
Jim Mora counting on end-of-game execution, energy from UConn football fans to turn close losses into winsJim Mora stressed the importance of fans coming to UConn football games this season, saying the team feeds off their energy and that it doesn't go unnoticed.
UConn Women's Basketball
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.
- Bob DeMayo, who coached baseball for 64 years at North Haven High, retired on Monday. DeMayo won over 900 games in his career and five state titles, the last in 2015.
- USA Basketball has chosen its roster for the FIBA World Cup qualifiers, as the Americans look to earn a berth in the 2023 tournament.
- James White, who scored the game-winning touchdown in the New England Patriots’ historic comeback win over Atlanta in Super Bowl 51, announced his retirement on Thursday.