SportsScot Wenzel is returning to Newington High School as boys basketball coach after coaching at Plainville High the past two seasons, Newington athletic director Christopher Meyers announced Monday.
- Yard Goats right-hander Noah Davis pitched an eight-inning complete game but was tagged with the loss, as the Reading Fightin Phils defeated the Hartford 2-1 on Friday evening at FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- More NCAA conferences are stepping up towards equal pay for men's and women's basketball officials.
- Senators are working on a bill to regulate Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) money for college athletes in the wake of a major change for the NCAA.
- UConn will host the Division I NCAA field hockey Final Four for the first time since 1997 in November.
Most Read Sports
UConn Men's Basketball
Dan Hurley, Bob Hurley Sr. to speak at Basketball Hall of Fame’s ‘Hoophall Hangouts’ FridayUConn men’s basketball head coach Dan Hurley will join his father, Bob Hurley Sr., at the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on Friday, Aug. 12 as part of the “Hoop Hall Hangout” series.
Jim Mora counting on end-of-game execution, energy from UConn football fans to turn close losses into winsJim Mora stressed the importance of fans coming to UConn football games this season, saying the team feeds off their energy and that it doesn't go unnoticed.
UConn Women's Basketball
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.
- Bob DeMayo, who coached baseball for 64 years at North Haven High, retired on Monday. DeMayo won over 900 games in his career and five state titles, the last in 2015.
- USA Basketball has chosen its roster for the FIBA World Cup qualifiers, as the Americans look to earn a berth in the 2023 tournament.
- James White, who scored the game-winning touchdown in the New England Patriots’ historic comeback win over Atlanta in Super Bowl 51, announced his retirement on Thursday.