Connecticut SunThe Connecticut Sun signed Odyssey Sims to a rest of season contract Wednesday. Here's why the signing matters ahead of the start of the WNBA Playoffs.
- Former UConn star Diana Taurasi will miss the rest of the season with a right quad strain injury. How this impacts the Phoenix Mercury and the WNBA Playoff race.
Former UConn star Napheesa Collier makes 2022 WNBA debut for Lynx less than three months after giving birth to daughterNapheesa Collier made her 2022 WNBA season debut in a 81-71 win for the Minnesota Lynx over the Atlanta Dream Sunday night. The former UConn star returned to the court less than three months after giving birth to her daughter, Mila, on May 25.
- Candace Parker scored 18 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and tipped a pass to Emma Meesseman for a 3-pointer in the closing seconds to help the WNBA-leading Chicago Sky beat the Connecticut Sun 94-91 on Sunday afternoon to set the franchise record for wins in a season.
The weight of Brittney Griner’s sentence hangs over WNBA game between Connecticut Sun and Phoenix MercuryThe Phoenix Mercury took the court for the first time after Brittney Griner's nine-year prison sentence was handed down in Russia.
Most Read Sports
UConn Men's Basketball
Dan Hurley, Bob Hurley Sr. to speak at Basketball Hall of Fame’s ‘Hoophall Hangouts’ FridayUConn men’s basketball head coach Dan Hurley will join his father, Bob Hurley Sr., at the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. on Friday, Aug. 12 as part of the “Hoop Hall Hangout” series.
Jim Mora counting on end-of-game execution, energy from UConn football fans to turn close losses into winsJim Mora stressed the importance of fans coming to UConn football games this season, saying the team feeds off their energy and that it doesn't go unnoticed.
UConn Women's Basketball
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.
- Bob DeMayo, who coached baseball for 64 years at North Haven High, retired on Monday. DeMayo won over 900 games in his career and five state titles, the last in 2015.
- USA Basketball has chosen its roster for the FIBA World Cup qualifiers, as the Americans look to earn a berth in the 2023 tournament.
- James White, who scored the game-winning touchdown in the New England Patriots’ historic comeback win over Atlanta in Super Bowl 51, announced his retirement on Thursday.