- Rocky Hill-Cromwell-Portland gets win in battle with Ellington-Somers-Rockville in American Legion Baseball action
- Olivia Wright, an 18-year-old 2021 graduate of Ellington High School, earned a Girl Scouts of America Gold Award for her work to make sure families of students with disabilities are aware of Unified Sports and other programs, and what they offer.
‘We have families too’: After second roadside death in three years, tow truck drivers call on Connecticut motorists to respect the ‘Move Over’ lawJust before a massive funeral procession of tow truck drivers Wednesday, veteran driver Joe Weeks of Bristol made a plea to the public: “When you see yellow lights, slow down and move over. We have families too.”
Family remembers slain Connecticut woman as a humble, generous and caring mother whose life was cut shortFamily and friends of Connie Dabate remember her as a devoted mother who loved to scrapbook photos of her sons and dedicated her free time to volunteering and being a caregiver. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt, cousin and colleague whose life was cut short by her husband, Richard Dabate.
- Ellington High School's Opening Knight Players to produce 'High School Musical'
Latest Connecticut News
Most Read On Courant.com
EllingtonEllington boys win first of two rivalry matches vs. Somers
- Tolland County Chamber of Commerce holds first Business to Business Showcase since 2019
As Connecticut Muslims celebrate return of in-person Ramadan events, some see progress toward inclusivenessFor many Muslims in Connecticut, this month is the first Ramadan since 2019 that can be observed with nightly prayers in mosques and - at least for some - with large iftar dinners.
- U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney tours local tech companies to discuss infrastructure bill and renewable energy
- JRego’s Gathering Place is the newest restaurant in Ellington, offering international flavors on an eclectic menu.
- Suffield girls top Ellington in holiday break match-up
- Miss Alaska crowned Miss America 2022 at Mohegan Sun, while Miss Connecticut enjoys entire experience
- Ellington Historical Society updating Nellie McKnight Museum with several donations from community
- Battle of Route 83 won by Rockville over Ellington
- Ellington boys fall to Stonington in Class M soccer finals
Hartford Courant Store
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.
- Arriving units attempted to stop the Passport, but the operator continued on the highway into Farmington, then exited and re-entered to head east, police said.
- After losing House Speaker Joe Aresimowicz’s district after he retired in 2020, Berlin and Southington Democrats are looking to a well-known former town manager to get them back in power in November.
GAMES & TRIVIA
Nation & World
- The CDC relaxed its COVID-19 guidelines, dropping the recommendation that Americans quarantine themselves if they come into close contact with an infected person.
- We know bears come for the food and not our company and the problem seems to be growing as more Connecticut residents report issues with the large, clawed animals. Earlier this summer, a bear that broke into multiple homes in Canton was euthanized by DEEP.
East Windsor’s Dari Delite to close after 66 years: ‘You will forever be etched in our hearts’Dari Delite, the East Windsor ice cream shop that has delighted residents of the town for 66 years, announced that the store would close for good at the end of the season.
- Hartford Public Schools welcomed teachers from Puerto Rico Wednesday as part of the district’s effort to fill vacancies and enhance cultural enrichment through Hartford’s new Paso a Paso Puerto Rico Recruitment Program.
- West Hartford's GastroPark, which has been serving breakfasts and lunches for two years, now is doing weekend brunch.