- Quick Bites is back with Nancy McKenney of Hops 44 in Storrs, serving up craft beer and plenty of award-winning pub food!
- Two eighth-graders receive CABE awards in Mansfield
The first self-driving vehicle test track and research facility in the region may be coming to UConn. Here’s what it could look like.A vacant portion of the University of Connecticut’s campus in Mansfield is on track to become the first autonomous vehicle and smart city research facility in the region.
Decision expected on proposed Evergreen Walk apartments in South Windsor; project could bring estimated $400,000 in new tax revenueAs Evergreen Walk prepares to welcome two prominent new tenants, South Windsor planners likely will decide Tuesday on a proposal for 165 apartments at the retail hub — an idea that got both public support and criticism at a recent hearing.
- Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry introduces new exhibit featuring the works of Maurice Sendak
- Tolland County Chamber of Commerce holds first Business to Business Showcase since 2019
Latest Connecticut News
Most Read On Courant.com
Things To Do
Connecticut’s 3 drive-ins rebound stronger from pandemic, face new competition from two more theatersThe state’s three drive-ins are starting their season, and this year there is competition, with a new drive-in in Manchester and one coming in Wethersfield.
- UConn's Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry seeks volunteers for Bread and Puppets production
Connecticut set to distribute $150 million in state aid to towns. Here’s a look at what projects are being fundedThe state is poised to approve more than $150 million for dozens of Connecticut communities, helping Bloomfield to build a new library, Hartford to improve Pope Park and West Hartford to replace high school tennis courts.
- Mansfield Middle School students participate in Witness Stone Project, compiling research and artwork basked on Titus, a man born into slavery in Mansfield in 1743
- E.O. Smith-Tolland varsity ice hockey team wraps up successful regular season
Storrs goes back to the future with opening of Brooklyn Dumpling Shop, an automat restaurant inspired in ManhattanNew York-based Brooklyn Dumpling Shop is opening its first Connecticut location, in Storrs.
- Mansfield-Willimantic’s first-ever Restaurant Week will be Feb. 21 to March 6.
- Eastern Highlands Health District issues Call to Action in response to COVID-19 uptick
- E.O. Smith girls' basketball team starts season strong
- Hecho en Puerto Rico: Four Generations of Puerto Rican Puppetry now on view at the Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry
Hartford Courant Store
- The UConn women’s basketball team has finalized its nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season. The Huskies will play Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville on Jan. 26, the programs announced.
- Arriving units attempted to stop the Passport, but the operator continued on the highway into Farmington, then exited and re-entered to head east, police said.
- After losing House Speaker Joe Aresimowicz’s district after he retired in 2020, Berlin and Southington Democrats are looking to a well-known former town manager to get them back in power in November.
GAMES & TRIVIA
Nation & World
- The CDC relaxed its COVID-19 guidelines, dropping the recommendation that Americans quarantine themselves if they come into close contact with an infected person.
- We know bears come for the food and not our company and the problem seems to be growing as more Connecticut residents report issues with the large, clawed animals. Earlier this summer, a bear that broke into multiple homes in Canton was euthanized by DEEP.
East Windsor’s Dari Delite to close after 66 years: ‘You will forever be etched in our hearts’Dari Delite, the East Windsor ice cream shop that has delighted residents of the town for 66 years, announced that the store would close for good at the end of the season.
- Hartford Public Schools welcomed teachers from Puerto Rico Wednesday as part of the district’s effort to fill vacancies and enhance cultural enrichment through Hartford’s new Paso a Paso Puerto Rico Recruitment Program.
- West Hartford's GastroPark, which has been serving breakfasts and lunches for two years, now is doing weekend brunch.