Latest Connecticut News
Most Read On Courant.com
- Area real estate experts say the frenzy of buying and selling houses in greater Hartford that marked the first 18 months or so of the pandemic has slowed a bit, but just a bit.
- The Laura’s Garden Foundation, a non-profit developed to honor the legacy of a local Wethersfield woman who died of complications from cancer last year, held a ground breaking ceremony for a memorial butterfly garden at Standish Park in Old Wethersfield on Thursday.
- With excavators and a bulldozer standing by, the developer planning apartments at the long-abandoned Ames headquarters in Rocky Hill has begun environmental remediation after buying the property for $2.3 million.
- The Connecticut Department of Transportation along with state and local officials broke ground on the Putnam Bridge Trail Connections Project between Wethersfield and Glastonbury on Thursday.
- The Town of Wethersfield was awarded $7.6 million in American Rescue Plan Act funding, and to date has only spent approximately $800,000.
- A new $200,000 grant to explore industrial brownfields on Evans Road could be a major step toward redeveloping a prime waterfront property in Rocky Hill, Mayor Lisa Marotta said Thursday.