- Despite public opposition, Glastonbury planners have given their OK to a builder who wants to put up a 74-unit apartment building in town.
- Detectives from the Hartford Police Department used a variety of tactics in the lead-up to the arrest of two men allegedly involved in a homicide on Sigourney Street in April.
- As part of a campaign to make downtown more inviting, East Hartford is edging closer to buying the long-troubled College Corners Inn rooming house on Main Street to remodel into one-bedroom apartments.
Latest Connecticut News
Most Read On Courant.com
- The two-tower Riverview Square in East Hartford is part of the largest suburban office sale in central Connecticut in a decade.
- The state on Friday is expected to authorize nearly $260,000 to help East Hartford demolish the former McCartin School so it can invite single-family housing development.
- A 16-year-old East Hartford resident was pronounced dead after being pulled from a public pool after midnight Thursday, according to police.
- Officials said the Health Department also worked with the building management to make sure that all the repairs were completed
- A major new local arts project, "Hartford's Got Talent," was unveiled Monday. There will be auditions and showcases for local youth throughout the summer and open auditions in the fall. Winners will perform in a scripted community-building performance event at The Bushnell in the spring.
- Joining Rocky Hill, East Hartford and other communities that are trying to make better use of waterfront land, Middletown is working to revitalize 220 acres along the Connecticut River as stores, apartments, an entertainment district and restaurants.