Windsor developers break ground on 750,000-square-foot warehouse and $15 million roads projectGreat Pond Village, the massive multi-use project in Windsor planned for more than a decade, is advancing to the second stage as builders prepare to erect a 750,000-square-foot warehouse an a network of new roads and utilities.
Latest BusinessThe cost to heat homes and businesses in the Northeast went on a tear, rising by 24.1% from July 2021, while jumping 16.6% in the rest of the U.S.
Glastonbury’s reluctant approval of apartment project brings fresh opposition to Connecticut’s affordable housing lawDespite public opposition, Glastonbury planners have given their OK to a builder who wants to put up a 74-unit apartment building in town.
Frontier Airlines launches flight to Las Vegas from Bradley International Airport. Here are introductory fares being offered.Ultra-low cost Frontier Airlines launched its nonstop, daily flight to Las Vegas Tuesday from Bradley International Airport.
- The foreclosure, which is in the earliest stages and could still be averted, is an early sign of a shake-out that may come to the city’s downtown office market in the fallout from COVID-19.
- Gov. Lamont announced the state will grant $30 million to more than 1,700 hospitality-sector businesses that suffered losses due to the pandemic.
Price of gas in Connecticut falls to less than $4 a gallon for first time since March. But experts say supply ‘not keeping up with demand’The price peaked at $4.98 a gallon in Connecticut on June 14, and has been declining since, according to AAA.
Must See Photos
Hartford faces new, high-stakes trial over Dunkin’ Donuts Park; tab for lawyer fees now well into millionsThe city of Hartford has paid millions in fees since 2017 to hire outside lawyers to defend itself against a high-profile lawsuit claiming the city should not have fired the first developers of Hartford's minor league baseball park.
- In Grasso’s Garage this week, it’s the 2023 Nissan Z. In its 53 years in the making, the Nissan Z is back and is serious this time.
Wind energy partners commit $1 million to help prepare workforce in emerging New England offshore industryThe Revolution Wind project of Eversource and Danish energy company Orsted has committed $1 million to support the partnership.
- Hundreds of thousands of People’s United Bank customers in Connecticut will be without online or mobile banking over the Labor Day holiday as systems are merged with M&T Bank.
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, diversifying beyond gambling and entertainment at Foxwoods, acquires government contracting firm“The tribe definitely was intentional about diversifying its economy in industries that can weather different economic downturns and cycles and away from gaming,” said Angelina Casanova, a Mashantucket Pequot Tribal member and chairwoman of the Command Holdings board of directors.
- Attorney General William Tong called the automatically-generated phone calls an “intrusive and obnoxious menace” responsible for $29.8 billion in fraud last year by scamming consumers.
Hartford Courant Store
Most Read on Hartford Courant
Connecticut environmental officials are begging you: Keep those black plastic takeout containers out of recycling binsBlack plastic was removed last year from the list of items acceptable in home recycling bins collected weekly by towns. But few members of the public seem to know it.